It's important to face down your demons.
-Stephan Jenkins
Let me start by saying that I am not a "perfect person" but who really is now and days. As humans we all have that deep dark secret that haunts us for a good part of our lives. I can honestly say I have none. The "Demons" that haunted my dreams and my thoughts were in a sense exercised. I tend to have a big ass mouth when it comes to my problems and I choose to write or speak them out.
However "they" referring to certain people, tend to pass judgement on those of us that vent our problems. In all actuality they really shouldn't. I write this post because, a source of mine told me something about someone who she has known for years. The person that was spoken of has really done nothing but stab me in the back and look down her nose at me.
Now, being the person that I am, I try to see the good in people even if wrong is done to me. I try and consider myself a good person and when it comes to my downfalls I've learned to accept the way I am. Let's just keep saying these "Demons" that I have lived with have come to bite me in my black little ass on numerous occasions. I kinda felt the need to name this person but then I remembered what my mother always told me. "People will act and talk to you as your friend while they are in your face. But at any given moment once your back is turned they will turn on you.". As I grow older I really start to see that this statement is as true as the air I breath.
Now my friends I ask you what is that "Demon" that haunts you? Im not asking for you to tell me but I am asking that you face that "Demon". Because in the end who is the one that will always be there for you? Yes family is there and so are friends. But when you are laying in bed and staring at the white speckled ceiling, losing countless hours of sleep, it is only you and that "Demon".
I would actually like to hear what people have to say about this so feel free to comment on this I would actually appreciate the feed back.
No comments:
Post a Comment