"Good guy finish last"
-anonymous-
This saying holds very true in a mans life. No matter how sweet or charming a man can be the girl always goes for the d-bag. As I get older I continue to be sweet and charming. This saying holds meaning to a number of my friends. Now ladies how is it that you always say " Im tired of so and so he is such a dick, asshole, dbag.". But when it comes down to it you always run back to the same type of guy knowing that he is going to treat you like his own personal blow up doll?
Now men wtf is wrong with us (some of us)? Why is it that we feel the need to treat women like they are our property? For one a women should always be treated like your queen, also no means no. Secondly never look down on a women just because she is a women see her as your equal. This is hard to do i understand but this doesnt give "us" a reason to treat women like trash. This is why "us" good guys are labeled the way we are. I hear this quite a bit from the women I actually talk to " All guys are the same." (No one told you to try them all). Not every man is the same we all have separate personalities, different bodies and different attitudes when it comes to life. Again I understand the guys you have been with have treated you like dirt. Im not going to justify this at all just for the simple fact that I have been there and done that. We as men can't change what men have done to you in the past but "us" good guys can make sure damn sure it wont happen again.
Another thing ladies stop blaming us for you liking ladies this was not a mans doing this is all on you. I dont have a problem with lesbians or gays but i have heard women say "I like girls now because of so and so.". NO JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTHS! YOU ARE YOUR OWN PERSON AND NO ONE MADE YOU DO ANYTHING! (Sorry about that it kinda pisses me off a wee bit) .....................................................................................................
Ok all calm and collected now. So this this be a reminder to all to all the ladies that keep saying all guys are the same. This is also for the men that think its a good idea to treat his lady as a inferior person. A women is a queen no matter what. To all the good guys out there keep your chin up. It may take a while for that "one" girl to come into your life but she is out there.
Scars my friend. Expectation coming from experience, people react or choose not to react based on their own personal form of created expectation, built from not only the experience of the past, but from the fear of the unknown. I've met women as far in the extremes who seem shocked they don't get beaten for saying certain things out loud to those that expect life has been a fairytale that has brought you to them, just awaiting you as a gallant knight. This however is just a foreshadowing to my actual point: We all carry scars. I'm far from perfect. I'm respectful at all times to those that respect me, I surround myself in the very air of humility and trust in those I feel I can open up to, but that is nothing compared to the reality of it. I trust almost nobody, not from fear, but from an unresolved part of my past. I can recognize it, I can comply and realize it is there and unavoidable in most cases, but all the same, I bring that issue into a relationship. Don't get me wrong though, cause I agree with you that for the sake of a working honest relationship that such issues and what not need to be left behind us where they happened, but some scars run deep. I don't know, I guess I just say that sometimes it's searching for confirmation that the very core of what hurt someone in the past isn't there again, and when it is or isn't, that should be the end of it. I suppose I can at least sympathize with the girl who thinks all men are the same, but trust in myself enough to show that that perception is far from the truth.
ReplyDeleteBeyond that, I like the article. I'll never believe nice guys finish last, because we aren't in the same race as the users and the losers. You and I brother; I hope will always remain good men, patient and waiting for something we can't even really define, even when it gets hard to keep that patience in check. Keep writing man.
I do agree on that. whenever I talk to one of my girl friends, they would do "guys are all the same." I can only reply, "you are either not looking hard enough or the guy you want is standing right in front of you, but you're too blind/stupid to see it" ugh sometimes I hate being a girl. lol
ReplyDelete